The Bursar's Office understands that tuition is a significant investment, so we have provided you with many convenient options to pay your bill.
Please expand the following options for additional information.
Online (Nelnet) with:
- Debit/credit card (additional credit card processing fee assessed)
In office with:
- Money order
Checks and money orders made payable to Mercer University can be mailed to:
Attn: The Office of the Bursar, 1501 Mercer University Drive, Macon, GA 31207
Please include your student ID number on your check or money order.
The Bursar's Office offers online payment plans that allow for payment of your account balance over multiple months.
Click here to view the current payment plan flyer.
How to Enroll
- Log into your MyMercer student portal
- Choose the Pay and Manage My Account link under My Finances
- Select Set Up a Payment Plan and follow the instructions on the screen
For step-by-step instructions on setting up the payment plan, click here.
The Bursar's Office reserves the right to terminate payment plan agreements due to delinquency. At the point of delinquency or termination, accounts will be subject to holds, late fees and possible end of term collection activity.
This plan is designed for students whose employers will pay toward their tuition.
To enroll in this plan, complete the application online through your MyMercer under the My Finances tab.
Please complete the application along with:
- $50 enrollment fee
- $175 down payment
- a signed or approved letter or document from the employer that includes the student's name and the amount employer will pay (numeric or percentage)
Any portion of your charges not covered by your employer are due by the first day of class. If your application is submitted after the first day of class, any charges not covered by your employer are due immediately.
Mercer University has partnered with Flywire to provide international students with an easy and secure method to make international payments. As the leading payments processor for educational institutions all over the world, Flywire delivers students’ tuition payments quickly, easily, and securely.
With Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Make payments in more than 150 currencies, online and from banks worldwide
- Other available payment methods include international credit and debit cards, and other international payment options that vary by country
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Enjoy peace of mind with dedicated multilingual customer support
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of your payment to your student account
To ensure that your student's account is properly credited in a timely and expedient fashion, please click on the logo below to initiate your payment.
As a courtesy to our students, Mercer will bill approved governmental/Corporate billing sponsors for student tuition and fees. Examples of approved governmental or Corporate billing sponsors include, but are not limited to:
- Foreign Governments
- State Prepaid Tuition Plans
- Non-Profit Sponsors
- State Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits
- Private Agency
Corporate billing is not tuition reimbursement as these benefits are generally grade dependent and are paid directly to the student. If you are receiving tuition reimbursement through your employer, you may be interested in our Employer Tuition Assistance Deferral.
Students must provide the Office of the Bursar with the sponsor's billing authorization, financial guarantee or voucher that clearly states the extent and scope of the sponsorship. Documents must be received no later than the first day of class for the current term.
Corporate Billing Requirements
All authorizations, guarantees, or vouchers MUST include the following:
- Student Name
- Student Mercer ID number (MUID)
- Specific term and charges the sponsor will cover (i.e. tuition only, tuition and fees, etc.)
- Sponsor billing address
- Name, signature and contact information of authorizing party
Sponsors are invoiced after the close of the add/drop period. All sponsor payments must be made directly to Mercer University.
In the event the sponsor does not pay, the student is responsible for the unpaid balance on the account. Students utilizing Corporate billing must resolve all outstanding balances no later than 30 days from the last day of class.
The Bursar's Office is proud to work with various military programs to help students utilize their educational benefits. Our office directly invoices for VA Post 9/11 Chapter 33, Vocational Rehabilitation VA Chapter 31, Air Force, Army, Navy, and ROTC.
Veterans Administration and Vocational Rehabilitation
To begin the certification process, please contact the Registrar's Office.
|All Atlanta Programs||Macon & RAC Programs|
VA Pending Payment Rights
In compliance with Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e) Emory University adheres to the following provisions for any student(s) that are considered "a covered individual" who are using Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Gi Bill, or Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs benefits:
The University will not:
- Prevent the student's enrollment in classes
- Assess a penalty fee (late fees, administrative fees) due to delayed disbursements from the Department of Veterans Affairs under Chapter 31 or Chapter 33
- Deny access to any school resources, classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities that are available to other paid students
- Require the student to borrow additional funds for the length of time these provisions are applicable
The University will require students to provide the following documents to be considered a "covered individual":
- An official "Certificate of Eligibility", or "Statement of Benefits" from the VA website or benefits [Chapter 33] or a VAF 28–1905 [Chapter 31] on or before the first day of class for the semester
- Any additional documentation required to ensure proper certification of benefits
Any difference in the amount of the student's financial obligation to the university and the amount the student is eligible to receive from the Department of Veterans Affairs may incur an additional fee, or payment/payment arrangement may be required to cover the difference.
Military Tuition Assistance
Prior to your course enrollment your service’s education center must approve your military tuition assistance. Before proceeding with registration you may be required to develop an education plan or complete TA orientation.
Tuition Assistance Application Process
Each military branch has its own TA application form and procedures. To find out how to get started, visit your local installation education center or go online to your military branch’s virtual education center. TA is available to active duty, National Guard and Reserve Component service members. The program is open to officers, warrant officers, and enlisted active-duty service members.