Mercer University provides students with the ability to obtain books and supplies to enable them to succeed academically. A book advance is generated from the student’s expected Federal financial aid and will be deducted from the first disbursement of term.
Spring 2021, Session 1
Book Advance Opens: December 1, 2020
Book Advance Deadline: December 11, 2020 at 5pm EST
Request your Book Advance through your MyMercer student portal.
- Once you are logged into MyMercer, click on the "Dashboard" tab on the left-hand side of the home page.
- Click on "Action Items"
- Click on the Green Arrow next to the "Book Advance Request Form" item. This will open the form and will allow you to submit it electronically. **If you do not see the Book Advance Request Form item, you are not eligible.**
- If you are having diffuculty accessing this form, try these things:
- Make sure your pop-up blocker is off.
- Refresh your browser or try an incognito browser.
To be eligible for a book advance, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enough accepted Federal aid to generate a credit (refund) in excess of tuition and fees, housing, and meals.
All financial aid documentation must be completed and disbursed, no later than ten (10) days before the start of the term. Please contact the Office of Financial Planning with any questions regarding your financial aid.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time in a Mercer University credit program.
- The amount of advance cannot exceed the amount of the credit, up to a maximum of $600.00 per term. If addtional funds are required, supporting documentation is necessary for the purchase of books and required supplies/equipment.
Advances are issued by check, direct deposit or transferred to your Bear Card.
Important: Students who lose Title IV eligibility or withdraw from some or all classes, and/or do not attend classes, will be responsible to repay the book advance funds.
**Bear Card Transfers are always open and available.