Student Health Insurance
NOTICE: YOU MUST WAIVE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE EVERY SEMESTER.
Your student account will be automatically assessed a premium each semester. Those students who already have health care coverage through other sources may have this charge removed from their account by following the steps below (under Insurance Waiver Process). Please note that in order for your waiver to be approved, your existing coverage must meet the minimum waiver requirements. Please do not contact the Office of the Bursar - we CANNOT remove these charges as CORE Management is responsible for all waiver decisions.
QUESTIONS? Please contact CORE at (888)741-2673 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2017 Health Insurance - Waiver Closes June 2, 2017
Beginning fall 2016, health insurance premiums will be charged to all students enrolled in 3 or more hours based on age-banding. The deadline to waive is JUNE 2, 2017, BY 5 P.M. Please review the health insurance premiums for 2016-2017.
Fall 2017 Health Insurance - Waiver Available July 1, 2017
The new health insurance premiums for 2017-2018 are now available.
Insurance Waiver Process
CORE Management is responsible for processing waivers. The waiver process must be submitted each semester to remain accurate and effective.
To waive the insurance provided by Mercer, carefully follow the instructions listed below:
- Before you begin the waiver process, make sure you have your current insurance card available.
- Access the CORE Management website to complete the waiver
- You will receive immediate notification that your waiver has been verified and approved
- The premium will be reversed off your account ONLY once your waiver is APPROVED. Please allow up to 5 business days after you submit your waiver to see the insurance premium reversed from your MyMercer account.
Insurance ID Cards
Students who need a Mercer University Student Health Insurance Program medical identification card can go to the CORE Management website and follow the instructions in the Alert box.
Q & A About Required Student Health Insurance
What if the deadline for waiving is missed?
***APPEALS WILL ONLY BE REVIEWED FOR A PERIOD OF 5 BUSINESS DAYS FOLLOWING THE CLOSE OF THE WAIVER PERIOD. ANY APPEAL SUBMITTED AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Must I have Health Insurance?
I already have insurance or I do not want additional insurance, what do I do?
I don't have health insurance, what should I do?
How can I get my insurance card sooner?
- Coverage period for fall semester: August 1 - December 31
- Coverage period for spring semester: January 1 - July 31 (if purchased in January)
- Coverage period for summer semester: May 1 - July 31 (if purchased in May)
- Go to the CORE Management page
- Click the Enroll button and provide all information requested
- You will be able to print your insurance card
What does the plan cover?
What does CORE Management do with the information on their website?
What if my waiver is not approved?