Student Health Insurance
SPRING 2020 WAIVER OPEN NOW!
WAIVER DEADLINES BY PROGRAM
Macon, Atlanta, Med Graduate, Law, & ABSN
Waiver Deadline: January 24, 2020 by 5 p.m.
Waiver Deadline: February 10, 2019 by 5 p.m.
Due to the continuing need for all students to have adequate health care coverage, Mercer University requires students enrolled in 3 or more hours on the Macon, Atlanta, Law, Medical, Savannah and Columbus campuses to provide proof of health insurance coverage each semester.
Exceptions to the Health Insurance Requirement:
- Students enrolled within the Regional Academic Centers are not subject to the requirement;
- All International students must carry active health insurance regardless of hours enrolled or campus attended
Those who do not wish to purchase the school policy must provide proof of coverage by completing an online insurance waiver at the CORE Management website by the published deadline. Once coverage is verified, the premium charge will automatically reverse off the student's account. If the waiver is not completed each semester by the published deadline, the student will be held responsible for payment of the non-refundable insurance premium. No exceptions are made to this deadline.
Please note that in order for your waiver to be approved, your existing coverage must meet the minimum waiver requirements. Please do not contact the Office of the Bursar to request removal of these charges.
CORE Management is responsible for ALL waiver decisions.
QUESTIONS? Please contact CORE at (888)741-2673 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insurance Waiver Process
To waive the insurance provided by Mercer, carefully follow the instructions listed below:,
- Before you begin the waiver process, make sure you have your current insurance card available.
- Access the CORE Management website to complete the waiver
- You will receive immediate notification that your waiver has been verified and approved
- The premium will be reversed off your account ONLY once your waiver is APPROVED. Please allow up to 5 business days after you submit your waiver to see the insurance premium reversed from your MyMercer account.
Insurance ID Cards
Students who need a Mercer University Student Health Insurance Program medical identification card can go to the CORE Management website and follow the instructions in the Alert box.
Student Health Insurance FAQ
What if the deadline for waiving is missed?
***APPEALS WILL ONLY BE REVIEWED FOR A PERIOD OF 5 BUSINESS DAYS FOLLOWING THE CLOSE OF THE WAIVER PERIOD. ANY APPEAL SUBMITTED AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Must I have Health Insurance?
I already have insurance or I do not want additional insurance, what do I do?
I don't have health insurance, what should I do?
- Go to the CORE Management page
- Click the Enroll button and provide all information requested
- You will be able to print your insurance card
- You will need to complete this process each semester you need to utilize the insurance prior to the waiver deadline
What does the plan cover?
What does CORE Management do with the information on their website?
What if my waiver is not approved?