Student Health Insurance
Summer 2019 Macon & Atlanta - March 25, 2019 through June 7, 2019
Atlanta ABSN - April 1, 2019 through May 23, 2019
Your student account will be automatically assessed a premium each semester. Students who already have adequate health care coverage through other sources may have the charges waived by completing the Insurance Waiver process each semester.
Please note that in order for your waiver to be approved, your existing coverage must meet the minimum waiver requirements. Please do not contact the Office of the Bursar to request removal of these charges.
CORE Management is responsible for ALL waiver decisions.
QUESTIONS? Please contact CORE at (888)741-2673 or send an email to email@example.com.
Insurance Waiver Process
To waive the insurance provided by Mercer, carefully follow the instructions listed below:
- Before you begin the waiver process, make sure you have your current insurance card available.
- Access the CORE Management website to complete the waiver
- You will receive immediate notification that your waiver has been verified and approved
- The premium will be reversed off your account ONLY once your waiver is APPROVED. Please allow up to 5 business days after you submit your waiver to see the insurance premium reversed from your MyMercer account.
Insurance ID Cards
Students who need a Mercer University Student Health Insurance Program medical identification card can go to the CORE Management website and follow the instructions in the Alert box.
Student Health Insurance FAQ
What if the deadline for waiving is missed?
***APPEALS WILL ONLY BE REVIEWED FOR A PERIOD OF 5 BUSINESS DAYS FOLLOWING THE CLOSE OF THE WAIVER PERIOD. ANY APPEAL SUBMITTED AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Must I have Health Insurance?
I already have insurance or I do not want additional insurance, what do I do?
I don't have health insurance, what should I do?
How can I get my insurance card sooner?
- Coverage period for fall semester: August 1 - December 31
- Coverage period for spring semester: January 1 - July 31 (if purchased in January)
- Coverage period for summer semester: May 1 - July 31 (if purchased in May)
What if I need to use my insurance now?
- Go to the CORE Management page
- Click the Enroll button and provide all information requested
- You will be able to print your insurance card
- You will need to complete this process each semester you need to utilize the insurance prior to the waiver deadline
What does the plan cover?
What does CORE Management do with the information on their website?
What if my waiver is not approved?